BEST HOMEMADE FOOD RECIPE FOR DOGS
BEST HOMEMADE FOOD RECIPE FOR DOGS
Keep your dog healthy and fit with this simple, peaky homemade food recipe for dogs is cheaper than fresh veggies bought and chocked!
I never realized there was a dog owner who made their pups homemade food recipe for dogs, not in a single million years.
But to avoid health problems impacting your dog, vet practitioners advise folks to feed them with a bland diet – chicken, and rice without seasoning of any kind. You can poach a chicken, shred it in a food processor, mix it in some white rice and feed them on this 3-day bland diet.
You’d be shocked by how many different kinds of vegetable dogs can have. And you can create so many different recipes for your pup, with the help of Balance IT!
Perhaps the best part about making organic dog food – just like doing something at home – is that you know exactly what’s going into the dog bowl, and not any of the gross gelatinous gunk from the processed food.
But it’s important to note that dogs have different nutrient requirements than humans for their proportional body size, such as:
- High-quality protein (meat, seafood, dairy or eggs)
- Fat (meat or oil)
- Carbohydrates (grains or vegetables)
- Calcium (dairy)
- Essential fatty acids (egg yolks or oatmeal)
HERE ARE THE BEST HOMEMADE FOOD RECIPE FOR DOGS
Now this homemade food recipe for dogs here has a 50 percent protein mix, 25 percent vegetables, and 25 percent grains, but the ratios can be easily changed to match the breed and/or needs of your dog.
You can divide them up into single servings once you have made your batch, note the date, and freeze it. You should defrost it overnight in the fridge when ready to eat, and nuke it for 15-30 seconds. This is it! Now, who knew it would be this easy to make dog food?
RECIPE 1 – INGREDIENTS:
- 1 and a half cups of brown rice
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- 3 pounds of ground turkey
- 3 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- 2 shredded carrots,
- 1 shredded zucchini,
- 1/2 cup of peas, canned or frozen
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas, and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through about 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- 6 Benefits of Food Delivery services for your Restaurants in Cotonou
- What attracts Customers to your Restaurant in Cotonou, Benin Republic
- How important is the Online Food Delivery system to my Restaurant in the Cotonou Benin Republic?
- 10 Restaurants to Get freshly Cooked foods in Cotonou, Benin Republic 2020
This recipe includes a printable version of my go-to home-made dog food recipe, which consists of lean ground sirloin, brown rice, carrots, hard-boiled eggs, parsley, and a few tablespoons of high in Omega’s oil. But sometimes I have found it helpful to have a list of easy substitutes when ingredients run small, particularly after social distancing. Plugin or swap any of the items below based on what foods your pup likes/needs and what you’ve got on hand to create the ideal flavor profile for your pup.
To make prepping this homemade dog food a cinch a duo saves LOTS of time and dishes in the process. Cook the hard-boiled eggs and the rice in an Instant Pot!
Start with cooking the eggs first, then while the rice is cooking in the Instant Pot, brown the sirloin, and get all of the fresh ingredients together. It does help make the process of meal prepping homemade dog food so much easier!
- 6 cup of cooked organic brown rice
- 2 pounds of ground lean beef, cooked through, fat drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced small
- 3 carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/4– 1/2 cup of minced fresh parsley or 1/4 cup of dried herbs.
- 3 tablespoons of olive or safflower oil.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large container and mix to completely combine. In between feedings store in the refrigerator.
If you haven’t known what your slow cooker can do, you’ll be very happy to know you can add dog food to the crockpot list now.
Recall the aforementioned homemade food recipe for dogs? Okay, this is pretty much the crockpot edition, using a blend of different veggies that will keep the slow cooker up a little better.
Now the best part about that is that you can just pour it all right in. This is it! Just set it up before you go to work and then by the time you get home you will come home to 2 weeks of dog food.
It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s nutritious, and you know exactly what’s going into your pup’s bowl. This recipe is also completely customizable to veggies that you have on hand – just be sure to double-check what your pup can and can’t eat. You can simply do a “can my dog eat XYZ” search on Google.
But as always, please consult with your pet’s veterinarian for possible allergies and when applying this information to your own dog’s diet.
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- Brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped butternut squash
- Chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of peas, frozen or canned
- Stir in ground beef, brown rice, kidney beans, butternut squash, carrots, peas and 4 cups water into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, stirring as needed.
- Let cool completely.
This recipe for homemade food recipe for dogs is packed with hearty ground turkey and it’s all-natural. Skip off the kibble, and try something new. Packed with ground turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, and zucchini squash and macaroni noodles, this homemade dog food recipe.
I am not a veterinarian, please note * * and I highly recommend consulting with a veterinarian who practices homemade / human-grade dog food practices before changing your dog’s diet. For many, this meal plan worked fantastically and I hope it does the same for you.
You can grab all the shopping items and products used for this recipe over on The Inspired Home from this post!
Made from ground turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini squash, broccoli, and macaroni noodles, this homemade dog food recipe. This large batch recipe is combined in one big pot or can be made in a slow cooker.
2 tbs of olive oil
3 lbs of ground turkey
Peeled carrots, peeled
2 zucchini squash
1 cup of broccoli florets
3 cups of chicken stock or water (no salt added)
20 ounces of macaroni noodles
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil on medium heat. Add ground turkey, begin to break it down, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until mostly cooked through.
- With a food processor finely chop sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, broccoli. Add in vegetables and stock to turkey.
- Add in the chopped vegetables and cook on a strong simmer for 7-8 minutes or until veggies are tender and cooked through.
- Mix in your cooked pasta noodles to the turkey vegetable mixture.
- Portion out meals accordingly. For every 10 lbs is roughly 1 cup of food per meal. Example: If you have a 20 lb dog they will eat 1-1.5 cups of the batch per meal (2-2.5 cups total per day).Rascal weighs 70 pounds and eats about 3-3.5 cups per meal (7 cups total per day)
How much and when should you feed your dog?
This will vary from dog to dog but for every 10 lbs, a general rule of thumb is. Your dog consumes around 1 cup of prepared food that should be served.
That means 2 meals a day each of which contains 4 cups of food for our 80 lb Hooch. It is important to remember that dogs with kidney issues also feel better with just one or two big meals when they eat many small meals during the day, so you can find that you need to change your feeding schedule as time goes on to keep your pup happy!
Online delivery is revolutionizing the food restaurant industry in the Benin Republic. Food delivery used to require a phone call, which took uptime. Now, your mobile phone allows you to order food directly to your homes or offices, from the best Restaurants in Cotonou with the click of just a button.
Using Food Viola, you can search for restaurants by cuisine or location, quickly order food from the menu of Restaurants in Cotonou, Benin Republic. As a member, you have the opportunity to get over 40% off your monthly order.
We will renew your membership each month with a subscription fee Restaurants can also add themselves to the list by signing up as a Restaurant owner.
Our online food-delivery platform is expanding choice and convenience, allowing customers to order from a wider array of restaurants in the Benin Republic with a single tap of your mobile phone.
SIGN UP AS A MEMBER TODAY In a nutshell, don’t let your business slip-away from you, hoping that “others” will take care of it better than you can. No matter what you do, make sure you always have a good grip on your operations and clients. Read here our recommendation on The best Restaurants in Cotonou.
You can read our related posts
- List of the Most Healthful Foods you can find in Cotonou
- The best Food Delivery and Catering services in Cotonou
- The best Restaurants in Cotonou, Benin Republic
- List of the most healthful foods you can find in Cotonou
- Top Chinese restaurants in Cotonou, Benin republic.
- What you need to know before running a wedding catering business.