FOOD FOR DIABETICS: Managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic
Here are ways to manage Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou, Benin Republic. In Cotonou Benin, having diabetics doesn’t restrict one from African Meals.
Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. It occurs when insulin production is inadequate and/or the body cells do not respond properly to insulin.
Its most common symptoms include frequent urination, intense thirst and hunger, unusual weight gain or weight loss, fatigue, male sexual dysfunction, and numbness in hands and feet.
That why Folks Have keen interest in ways to managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic.
The sugar that spikes up the blood sugar in this context doesn’t only refer to the normal sugar used in sweetening cereals or drinks in our normal African Meals; carbohydrates like rice, garri, pasta… contain this sugar as well.
Both sugary and starchy carbohydrates can raise blood sugar levels, but people in Cotonou Benin Republic can choose to include these foods in the right portions as part of a balanced meal plan and also help those Managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic.
- The Best Food Delivery and Catering services in Cotonou.
- List of the most healthful Foods you can find in Cotonou.
- Reasons for Restaurants to go Organic in Cotonou Benin Republic.
Diabetes has different types :
- Type 1 Diabetes where the body does not produce insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes where the body does not produce an adequate amount of insulin for proper function.
- Gestational Diabetes also exists, which affects females during pregnancy.
Being diabetic doesn’t restrict you to eating boring or bland foods as there are many healthy, fun meals that are less likely to increase the blood sugar level.
Eating certain foods while limiting others can help people with diabetes manage their blood sugar levels.
Here’s a list of healthy local foods which can help in managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic:
Nigerian soups: Vegetable soup, Okra soup, Edikan Ikong, Waterleaf soup, Ogbono soup, Bitter leaf soup, Oha soup, Afang soup, fish pepper soup
Staple foods (swallow): Wheatmeal fufu, Guinea corn fufu, Unripe plantain fufu
Stews and sauces: Tomato stew, Garden egg stew, Shredded chicken sauce, Shrimp sauce, Fresh Fish sauce or stew, Smoked fish sauce
Low carb meals: Brown basmati rice and stew, Unripe plantain porridge, Moi Moi, Boiled unripe plantain with stew, Roasted unripe plantain with fish sauce, unripe Plantain with beans porridge, Beans and whole wheat bread
Healthy snacks: Garden eggs with peanut butter, Coconuts, Boiled groundnuts, Akara balls, Tiger nuts, Nigerian pear
Comfort foods: Isi ewu, Nkwobi, Cow leg, Cow tongue, Fish pepper soup, Chicken pepper soup, Snail pepper soup, Peppered snail, Liver sauce, Gizzard pepper soup
Healthy drinks: Zobo without sweeteners, Guinea corn (Dawa) kunu, Millet (joro) kunu, Unsweetened yoghurt
FOOD FOR DIABETICS: Managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic
Here are some helpful tips and tricks
- Bitter leaf soup is good for diabetic patients and helps reduce body sugar
- Avoid refined sugar or sugar of any type
- Eat plenty of carrots and cucumbers. Green leafy vegetables are perfect for you.
- Black soup is perfect for diabetics. It reduces blood sugar and good for glycemic control.
- Avoid pineapples
- Avoid yam or pounded yam. It contains too much sugar. Yam or pounded yam is not ideal for diabetics. cocoyam, on the other hand, is good.
- Egusi soup is a controversial meal for diabetics. While some recommend it, others believe it contains too much sugar. In my opinion, foods that are controversial are best avoided
- Avoid eating cakes, chocolate, and sweets.
- Unripe plantain is highly recommended for diabetic patients. Do not eat ripe plantain because it contains too much sugar.
- Irish potatoes are perfect for diabetics but not sweet potatoes.
- Avoid soft drinks (Coke, sprite, mirinda…). Also avoid snacks (buns, egg roll, meat pies, and junks).
hope with the information above, you know the best ways in Managing Diabetics with African Meals, not just in Cotonou but anywhere you find yourself.
Online delivery is revolutionizing the food restaurant industry in Benin Republic. Food delivery used to require a phone call, which took up time. Now, your mobile phone allows you to order food directly to your homes or offices, from the best Restaurants in Cotonou with the click of just a button.
Using Food Viola, you can search for restaurants by cuisine or location, quickly order food from the menu of Restaurants in Cotonou, Benin Republic. As a member you have the opportunity to get over 40% off your monthly order.
We will renew your membership each month with a subscription fee Restaurants can also add themselves to the list by signing up as a Restaurant owner.
Our online food-delivery platform is expanding choice and convenience, allowing customers to order from a wider array of restaurants in Benin Republic with a single tap of your mobile phone.
SIGN UP AS A MEMBER TODAY In a nutshell, don’t let your business slip-away from you, hoping that “others” will take care of it better than you can. No matter what you do, make sure you always have a good grip on your operations and clients. Read here our recommendation on The best Restaurants in Cotonou.
- 5 Tricks for Ordering Online Food Delivery in Cotonou, Benin Republic
- Top 5 Chinese Restaurants in Cotonou, Benin Republic
- COVID-19 and Food Delivery Service in Cotonou
- accreditted schools in benin republic
- African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic
- Bangkok Terrasse Cotonou
- Bar et Restaurant Le Teranga
- best delivery company
- best dishes in restaurants in Cotonou
- best food delivery service
- best food delivery service in Benin Republic
- best food delivery service in cotonou
- best restaurants in Benin Republic
- Best restaurants in Cotonou
- best takeout near me
- brasserie de l'Europe Cotonou
- Cafeteria Chez Aziz Cotonou
- cheapest food delivery app
- Chez Clarisse Cotonou
- Chill n' Grill Cotonou
- Ci gusta Cotonou
- CINTO CLUB Cotonou
- compare delivery services
- delivery app
- Dody's Pizza & Pasta Cotonou
- Domino Express Restaurant Cotonou
- Dream Beach cotonou
- Erevan cotonou
- fastest food delivery service in cotonou
- Festival des glaces Cotonou
- first delivery free
- food delivery app names
- food delivery cotonou
- Food delivery for your restaurant
- food delivery near me
- food delivery near me open now
- Food delivery service
- food delivery service app
- food delivery service in cotonou
- FOOD FOR DIABETICS
- FOOD FOR DIABETICS: Managing Diabetics with African Meals
- Food menu in Cotonou Restaurants
- food online
- food ordering in cotonou
- food ordering service in benin republic
- food ordering services in cotonou
- free delivery
- free food delivery
- fun places in benin republic
- Golden Tulip Diplomate Cotonou
- Hai King Cotonou
- how do i order food online in cotonou
- interesting places to visit in Benin republic
- Jaaba - Grill & Bar Cotonou
- kinds of food in benin republic
- Kirikou Restaurant Bar Cotonou
- L'Imprévu Cotonou
- La Cabane du Pêcheur Cotonou
- La Marine Cotonou
- La Table du Maire Cotonou
- Le Berlin Cotonou
- le Cordon Bleu restaurant Cotonou
- Le Mak Cotonou
- Le Privé Restaurant Cotonou
- Le Sorrento Cotonou
- LES NOUVEAUX ALIZES Cotonou
- Little Hut Indian Restaurant Cotonou
- Loving Food Cotonou
- M'ice Cream Cotonou
- MAD Cotonou
- MAKOOMBA Cotonou
- Managing Diabetics with African Meals
- Managing Diabetics with African Meals in Cotonou Benin Republic
- Managing Diabetics with Nigerian Meals
- Maquis du port Cotonou
- Maquis la Résidence Cotonou
- Maquis le Kédjenou (spécialités ivoiriennes) Cotonou
- Maquis Pili Pili Cotonou
- Mc Bouffe et Cornetto Cotonou
- nice hotels in Benin republic
- nice restaurants in benin republic
- Nigerian meal plan for diabetics
- Obama beach cotonou
- online food delivery
- online food in Cotonou
- online food ordering
- places to visit in benin republic
- Résidence Livingstone Cotonou
- Restaurant BABEL Lounge Bar Cotonou
- Restaurant CÉLINE Cotonou
- Restaurant Chez Abdou Cotonou
- Restaurant Chez Maman Benin
- Restaurant Chez Mémé Reine Cotonou
- Restaurant La Suite Cotonou
- Restaurant Le Berlin Cotonou
- Restaurant Le Resto Cotonou
- Restaurant Le Tramway Cotonou
- Restaurant LES COPAINS D'ABORD Cotonou
- Restaurant MAGUCCINO Cotonou
- Restaurant Rousski Dom Cotonou
- Restaurant THE MEET'S STORY Cotonou
- Savane Cotonou
- schools in Benin republic
- seamless food delivery
- Shamiana Cotonou
- Tandoori Nights Cotonou
- TIMES cafe Bar and Grill Cotonou
- top hotels in benin republic
- Top restaurants in benin republic
- types of food in benin republic
- Wasabi restaurant Cotonou
- Ya- Hala service